NOTE: The views and opinions on this website are just that—personal viewpoints and opinions based on my own life experiences.
I am not a theologian nor am I a credentialed counselor or an “apologist.” (Apologetics being the discipline of defending a religious position through the systematic use of information. Early Christian writers [c. 120–220] who defended their faith against critics and recommended their faith to outsiders were called apologists.) There are other far more able and brilliant minds who can write about these matters—and it’s possible I may recommend a book or two by some of them.
My blog is written for people who are interested in improving and growing in their Christian walk, and who believe, as I do, in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and who accept the Bible as a revelation of Him.
I’m just a woman of God on her own journey, sharing my experiences, in hopes that I can help others in their journeys. We are all at different places on our journeys—different points of revelation and growth. We need to give each other time and space to grow.
I don’t know where this saying came from that I heard but I think it’s a good one to adopt:
Judge less. Pray more.
Please know that I am a sensitive, real, live human being. If you do not like, or agree, with the things I am saying, I’m fine with a kind and loving discussion. But there is no place here for arguments or harsh criticism—for me or for any of my readers who may post their thoughts. Remember, love is paramount.
“Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” (John 13:35) Love never fails! (1 Corinthians 13)
Statement of Faith
- I believe that there is one true God, Who exists eternally in three Persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. He is the source and maker of all that is, seen and unseen.
- I believe that Jesus Christ is God, Lord of heaven and earth, the living eternal Word of God. He became incarnate by the power of the Holy Spirit through the miraculous virgin birth. He is fully God and fully man. He lived a sinless life, and through His suffering and death on the cross, voluntarily atoned for the sins of mankind. He was buried and on the third day, He rose from the grave in the same body, victorious over the powers of death and darkness. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father, where He is Lord of all and makes intercession for His own. He is the sole mediator between God and mankind. Salvation is through Christ alone.
- I believe that Jesus Christ will come again to the earth, raise the dead, judge all mankind and establish His glorious Reign. We believe that those who put their faith in Christ will spend eternity with Him in His glory and those who reject Christ will be eternally separated from God and suffer the anguish of that separation.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity. He convicts sinners and draws them to Christ; indwells, illuminates and empowers believers; and seals them until the day of redemption. He intercedes on behalf of believers and works sanctification in their lives.
- I believe that the Bible, the Old and New Testaments, is God’s authoritative and supernatural revelation, inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Scriptures are without error in the original manuscripts.
- I believe that mankind was created in the image of God, but all of mankind fell in the fall of the first Adam. He sinned by disobeying God and thereby, all mankind incur not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation and alienation from God. As a result, the nature of all mankind is corrupted, and no one is able to please God. All are in need of regeneration and rebirth by the Holy Spirit.
- I believe that salvation is a gift of God and the work of God’s free grace. It is not in any way the work of human endeavor or goodness or ceremony. God imputes Christ’s righteousness to those who put their faith alone in Christ for their salvation. They are justified solely on the ground of the shed blood of Christ and His atoning sacrifice.
- I believe that the Church consists of all who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior. Christ is the head of the Church, which is His Body and His Bride.
- I believe that it is God’s will for believers to proclaim the Gospel throughout the world, to disciple others and to grow into Christlikeness.
Statement of Faith by Grafted Life. Used with permission. (changed “we” to “I”)
**I use quotes from a number of authors, as well as recommending some of their books. Even though nearly all are professing Christians, I cannot possibly know everything each author believes. What I know for sure is that we are all imperfect human beings with limited knowledge so we must extend grace to those areas where they, and we, are ever growing.
Keep what you know to be true. Throw out things you are relatively certain are wrong. And set to the side (and pray about) those things you are unsure of.
I also use various translations of the Bible.